Component 1. Legal approximation in “Environmental Governance and integration of environment into other policy areas (horisontals)” sector :
- Directive 2011/92/EU on the assessment of the effects of certain public and private projects on the environment (EIA).
- Directive 2001/42/EC on the assessment of the effects of certain plans and programmes on the environment (SEA).
- Directive 2003/4/EC on public access to environmental information and repealing Directive 90/313/EEC.
- Directive 2003/35/EC providing for public participation in respect of the drawing up of certain plans and programmes relating to the environment
Component 2. Legal approximation in «Water quality and water resource management» sector:
- Directive 2000/60/EC establishing a framework for Community action in the field of water policy as amended by Decision No 2455/2001/EC and Directive 2009/31/EC
- Directive 2007/60/EC on the assessment and management of flood risks
- Directive 2008/56/EC Directive establishing a framework for Community action in the field of marine environmental policy
- Directive 91/271/EEC on urban waste water treatment as amended by Directive 98/15/EC and Regulation (EC) 1882/2003 and Regulation (EC) No 1137/2008
- Directive 98/83/EC on quality of water intended for human consumption as amended by Regulation (EC) 1882/2003 and Regulation (EC) 596/2009
- Directive 91/676/EC concerning the protection of waters against pollution caused by nitrates from agricultural sources as amended by Regulation (EC) 1882/2003
Component 3. Legal approximation in “Nature protection” sector:
- Directive 2009/147/EC on the conservation of wild birds
- Directive 92/43/EC on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild fauna and flora as amended by Directive 97/62/EC, 2006/105/EC and Regulation (EC) 1882/2003
In total, reinforcement of detailed support in implementation of 12 EU directives is in a focus of the project.
Each component will shape its work on three pillars: legal, capacity building and related projects.
The assistance in other 5 areas of Annex XXX, could be provided but cannot exceed 15% of the overall scope of work.
Results to be achieved
- Increased awareness within the Ukrainian government of the legal, institutional and technical actions needed to comply with the EU requirements in 3 focus areas of Annex XXX.
- Improved coordination and better communication between institutions in the field of environmental approximation.
- Transposition of Annex XXX requirements for 3 focus areas is supported effectively
- Detailed and realistic planning of the implementation of other requirements of Annex XXX carried out.
- Progress in the implementation of Annex XXX requirements achieved. Support is provided drafting legal acts for implementation of the relevant Directives.
- Improved and increased participation of the public in environmental protection, in particular concerning 3 focus areas.
- Three pilot projects within each of 3 Components conducted by the beneficiaries.
- Recommendations for further technical assistance projects developed.